By Jack Bogdon
Ring enhancers are wedding rings that are purposely designed to fit around your solitaire engagement ring. Its main objective is to enhance the beauty of the solitaire ring, by adding colored stones, diamonds, or ornate designs. The ring enhancer either takes the place of the wedding band on the finger, or is worn in addition to create a complete bridal set. Most people buy ring enhancers as a way to “dress up” their solitaire ring. Since an enhancer is easily taken on and off and does not damage the solitaire, it’s a great way to add a lot of sparkle to your engagement ring, giving you a stunning, yet low cost bridal wedding set. Traditionally there are two kinds of ring enhancers: ring guards (also referred to as ring inserts) and ring wraps. Once of the most common type of ring guards is the CZ Ring Guard which will be discussed in more detail.
A ring wrap does exactly as the name suggests, and “wraps” close to the middle stone of the engagement ring. It’s a single band, which fits up against your engagement ring, and has stones or metal which “hug” your middle diamond. Once you place the ring wrap on your finger next for your solitaire engagement ring, it gives the illusion of being 1 ring.
A ring guard or ring insert, on the other hand, is a double band held together by bars on the bottom of the shank. The solitaire engagement ring fits snugly into the middle of the ring insert/ring guard. In this style of enhancer, the center stone is completely surrounded by either metal or stones. Essentially, the ring guard envelops the solitaire. The look achieved by using the insert is a complete bridal set.
At this point, you may well be wondering why so quite a few folks love ring enhancers. There are various causes to choose an enhancer. Here are a couple of:
1. Upgrade. The most popular reason is to “upgrade” your simple solitaire ring. Buying an inexpensive diamond engagement ring is not easy. At the time of such a significant purchase, it’s possible that funds were not available to buy a more ornate or larger ring due to budget. Eventually, some people want to get a “bigger” look, but do not want to actually remount their solitaire. Choosing an enhancer is a great way to get a bigger or even just a different look, without having to make any change or damage to your original engagement ring. For sentimental reasons, most people prefer to add onto their original rather than change it. The ring enhancer is a perfect solution in that scenario. CZ Ring Guards are an inexpensive way to achieve the upgrade look.
1. Heirloom engagement ring. If your engagement ring is an heirloom or is something sentimental for any other reason, then taking the diamond out and using it in another engagement ring is out of the question. A ring enhancer is the perfect solution because it changes the look of your simple solitaire without making any permanent changes to it.
1. Fashion is yet another purpose why many women really like enhancers. It is possible to obtain a number of economical ring wraps or ring guards and alter them each day. Basically, you’ll be able to have a different appear for every single day in the week. In case you throw in a number of colored stones, then you can start matching your enhancer to your favorite purse or outfit. It’s a matter of finding ring enhancers that you just really like. The possibilities are endless. CZ Ring Guards are low-cost, so it is possible to obtain one or two varieties and switch them out depending on what fashion mood you are in.
1. Considering that the engagement ring is a extremely sentimental piece of bridal jewelry, protecting it from damage is high on the list of priorities. Ring guards are a fantastic strategy to protect your investment. Given that the ring guard envelopes your engagement ring, it fundamentally protects it from hazards like chipping your middle stone, twisting prongs, and numerous other dangers.
1. Achieving the forever common 3 stone search. Anybody that has looked by way of popular wedding rings or anniversary rings has come across 3 stone rings. Perhaps when purchasing your engagement ring, the 3 stone search was not inexpensive. When paying for your enhancer, you can choose one which will give you the three stone glimpse, giving you an reasonably priced bridal set. Essentially, you’ll desire to pick ring wraps with one particular stone on each and every side in the middle diamond. When put together, the final impact will be a dazzling 3 stone wedding ring.
Now that you know why a ring enhancer is a fantastic piece of bridal jewelry, here are some tips and things to consider when purchasing your ring enhancer:
1. Keeping sizes proportionate. You need to maintain the size on the middle stone in thoughts when picking your enhancer. For instance, if you’ve a 2 carat engagement ring, then buying an enhancer with small diamond chips will not look appropriate. Ultimately, should you mismatch sizes, then the enhancer is not going to compliment your solitaire engagement ring. Yet another example that shows the importance of keeping sizes proportionate would be the three stone ring scenario. If your engagement ring has a 1 carat center stone and you wish to obtain the traditional three stone ring search, then deciding on a ring rap with two 1/10 carat diamonds won’t search right. Also, the size of your respective center stone will impact how your ring enhancer will match with your solitaire. Most jewelers are capable to adjust the enhancer to fit your solitaire, but not if the mismatch is extreme.
2. Shape matching. The important thing to keep in mind with shape is that your if your ring enhancer has a subtle contour to it, then it will fit with a round center stone much more easily, where as pointed ring enhancers are a better fit for pear shaped or marquise centers. It’s also important to remember that most jewelers can tweak your enhancer to fit your engagement ring. 3. Metal types. There is no rule that requires your engagement ring and enhancer have to be the same metal. You should keep in mind though that having the same metal means that the two will wear more or less the same. If you choose to mix metals (platinum next to gold), you might have different wear for each ring. Also, getting repairs done such as sizing and adjustments might be a challenge if they are different metals. 4. Soldering rings together. If you wear your ring enhancer as a wedding ring or anniversary ring, meaning that you wear it every day with your solitaire engagement ring, then you may want to consider soldering the two rings together. This ensures that they are always fit together perfectly and you don’t have to go through the hassle of lining them up or re-inserting. The down side to that is that you won’t be able to take the enhancer on and off easily. 5. Color!!!! Another huge factor to keep in mind when looking at enhancers is the color factor. A major trend in jewelry is colored stones. You can easily take your traditional solitaire engagement ring and match it up to an enhancer with colored stones to get a unique look. Also, keep in mind that substituting colored stones for diamonds is a great way to get affordable bridal jewelry. You can easily cut the cost of your enhancer significantly by replacing a few diamonds with colored stones.
There are many choices to keep in mind when looking at ring enhancers, ring wraps or ring guards. One of the most common choices are the CZ Ring Guards for the reasons stated above.
Please, you must remember that a Silver Ring Guard is a must have to protect any engagement ring. Also, CZ Ring Guards can provide exceptional style and are our favorite trends which we discuss more Here.
Article kindly provided by UberArticles.com
Topics: Fashion | Comments Off
MLA Style Citation:
Bogdon, Jack "What Is Often A Ring Enhancer And Why Are CZ Ring Guards Very Widespread?." What Is Often A Ring Enhancer And Why Are CZ Ring Guards Very Widespread?. 24 Jun. 2010. uberarticles.com. 21 May 2015 <http://uberarticles.com/beauty/fashion/what-is-often-a-ring-enhancer-and-why-are-cz-ring-guards-very-widespread/>.
APA Style Citation:
Bogdon, J (2010, June 24). What Is Often A Ring Enhancer And Why Are CZ Ring Guards Very Widespread?. Retrieved May 21, 2015, from http://uberarticles.com/beauty/fashion/what-is-often-a-ring-enhancer-and-why-are-cz-ring-guards-very-widespread/
Chicago Style Citation:
Bogdon, Jack "What Is Often A Ring Enhancer And Why Are CZ Ring Guards Very Widespread?" uberarticles.com. http://uberarticles.com/beauty/fashion/what-is-often-a-ring-enhancer-and-why-are-cz-ring-guards-very-widespread/
Comments are closed.
Uber Articles and its partner sites cannot be held responsible for either the content nor the originality of any articles. If you believe the article has been stolen from you without your permission, please contact us and we will remove it immediately. If you have a problem with the accuracy or otherwise of the content of an article, please contact the author, not us! Also, please remember that any opinions and ideas presented in any of the articles are those of the author and cannot be taken to represent the opinions of Uber Articles. All articles are provided for informational purposes only. None of them should be relied upon for medical, psychological, financial, legal, or other professional advice. If you need professional advice, see a professional. We cannot be held responsible for any use or misuse you make of the articles, nor can we be held responsible for any claims for earnings, cures, or other results that the article might make.