By Dina Mills
For the ultimate natural all round healing potion, try Honey. Thanks to Cleopatra’s milk and honey baths, Honey has become a favorite with one and all to be used in beauty regime. Beside Cleopatra, there were other beauties from the past, who swear by honey being an indispensable ingredient in beauty treatments.
Pollution, dirt, and other chemical agents in the air make the skin lose its ability to retain water, making it look dry, wrinkled and aging the person bit earlier. The natural hydrating and antioxidant properties of honey trap and seal the moisture, rejuvenate the skin, cleanse the complexion leaving it soft and supple.
Honey in its purest form is suitable for all skin types’ even sensitive skin. Beauticians suggest using honey abundantly for radiant complexion. Skin care products like baths, shower gels, face creams, skin lotions, moisturizers, body scrubs and even newborns products contain pure honey.
Treat your self to some simple natural skin care remedies with honey at your home -
- cup of honey to your bath keeps your skin soft and supple.
- Dry skin = 1 tsp honey, vegetable oil each and tsp of lemon juice. Pat it on dry areas of your sensitive skin, leave for 10 mins and rinse with water.
- Make a moisturizing mask with 1 tsp of honey, 1 egg yolk, tsp almond oil and 1 tsp yogurt. Apply on your face, neck and other parts of your body. Leave for 15 minutes and rinse off with water. You skin will feel moisturized and polished with tightened pores.
- For the silky-smooth skin, mix cup of honey and 3 tsp of rosewater. Apply to face, neck avoiding sensitive areas around the eye. Massage well and rinse with lukewarm water and enjoy the sensation of an all different skin.
- Open the pores on your face by place a cloth dipped in warm water. Smear honey on your face for 20-30 minutes. Rinse first with warm water and then cold water to close the pores.
- Indulge your skin with the paste of 1 tsp of honey, 1 egg white, 1 tsp glycerin and flour. Smooth it over your face, throat, leaving it on for 10 minutes and then washing it off with warm water. Your sensitive skin will feel refreshed and rejuvenated.
- 4 tbsp of whole milk powder and 2 tbsp of honey make an excellent baby bath.
Article kindly provided by UberArticles.com
Topics: Beauty | Comments Off
MLA Style Citation:
Mills, Dina "Honey For Beautiful Glowing Skin." Honey For Beautiful Glowing Skin. 2 Jul. 2010. uberarticles.com. 16 Sep 2014 <http://uberarticles.com/beauty/honey-for-beautiful-glowing-skin/>.
APA Style Citation:
Mills, D (2010, July 2). Honey For Beautiful Glowing Skin. Retrieved September 16, 2014, from http://uberarticles.com/beauty/honey-for-beautiful-glowing-skin/
Chicago Style Citation:
Mills, Dina "Honey For Beautiful Glowing Skin" uberarticles.com. http://uberarticles.com/beauty/honey-for-beautiful-glowing-skin/
Comments are closed.
Uber Articles and its partner sites cannot be held responsible for either the content nor the originality of any articles. If you believe the article has been stolen from you without your permission, please contact us and we will remove it immediately. If you have a problem with the accuracy or otherwise of the content of an article, please contact the author, not us! Also, please remember that any opinions and ideas presented in any of the articles are those of the author and cannot be taken to represent the opinions of Uber Articles. All articles are provided for informational purposes only. None of them should be relied upon for medical, psychological, financial, legal, or other professional advice. If you need professional advice, see a professional. We cannot be held responsible for any use or misuse you make of the articles, nor can we be held responsible for any claims for earnings, cures, or other results that the article might make.