By Kevin King
Web site promotion has become the biggest concern of every web site owner these days. As the main goal of traditional businesses is to persuade customers by promoting their products or services through different advertising media, so does website promotion for businesses that run on the web is to drive traffic.
As the World Wide Web has become the world’s fastest information highway, promoting an internet-based business is like diving into the deep waters of never ending competition. It seems that a phenomenal traffic war is driving internet-based business entrepreneurs to go and get all the means just to stay ahead of the competition.
In a world where you will be facing scrutiny of machines and unpredictable virtual markets, driving quality traffic to gain potential customers may not be an easy game. You need to consider “white hat” strategies to stay in the game.
Following are some on-site and off-site strategies that may put you in the best position to drive traffic:
* Develop a strong business brand on which your business would be founded.
* Build credibility and establish trustworthiness for your website by showing concern to potential customers through privacy and security policy, excellent customer service and customer support.
* Know the Keywords used by your competing sites and generate effective keywords for each of your pages.
* Add scripts like “Recommend this Site” and “Bookmark this Site” to your most visited pages.
* Place a subscription space, wherein viewers can subscribe to what’s new in your site through feeds.
* Submit your site to different search engines. Though time-consuming, but individual submission can potentially drive traffic as many top ranking sites have proven it.
* To further drive traffic to your site, make sure your site is search engine optimized with effective Header tags, Title Tags, Keyword Meta tags and etc.
* Develop a habit of regularly building links to your site or hire a professional link builder to do the job.
* Build relationships and join a community who share the same interest or related to your site.
These are just a few of the many ways to drive traffic to your site. Though it is very important to satisfy what the search engines want, you also need to keep mind that pleasing the readers with excellent contents is equally important in effectively generating traffic.
Kevin King is a well known internet marketer. He is very successful in his business and he want to share his success story to others by writing articles like Drive Traffic To Your Website.
Article kindly provided by UberArticles.com
Topics: Business | Comments Off
MLA Style Citation:
King, Kevin "Drive Traffic To Your Site." Drive Traffic To Your Site. 27 Jun. 2010. uberarticles.com. 10 Oct 2015 <http://uberarticles.com/business/drive-traffic-to-your-site/>.
APA Style Citation:
King, K (2010, June 27). Drive Traffic To Your Site. Retrieved October 10, 2015, from http://uberarticles.com/business/drive-traffic-to-your-site/
Chicago Style Citation:
King, Kevin "Drive Traffic To Your Site" uberarticles.com. http://uberarticles.com/business/drive-traffic-to-your-site/
Comments are closed.
Uber Articles and its partner sites cannot be held responsible for either the content nor the originality of any articles. If you believe the article has been stolen from you without your permission, please contact us and we will remove it immediately. If you have a problem with the accuracy or otherwise of the content of an article, please contact the author, not us! Also, please remember that any opinions and ideas presented in any of the articles are those of the author and cannot be taken to represent the opinions of Uber Articles. All articles are provided for informational purposes only. None of them should be relied upon for medical, psychological, financial, legal, or other professional advice. If you need professional advice, see a professional. We cannot be held responsible for any use or misuse you make of the articles, nor can we be held responsible for any claims for earnings, cures, or other results that the article might make.