Important visitors to your commercial pages include net robots that crawl the internet and catalog your content. Having proper HTML source code, plus the right combination of text and graphic presentation, is just one secret to success. Appropriate code might mean higher robot ratings, and the “look” is equally crucial. Once a new prospect finds your web site, you have 5 seconds to get them to stay.
As a small business website owner, you might have asked “Why don’t we get any hits?”. Did you know web pages can load and appear correct with improper or deprecated HTML code? A browser might ignore your errors, and display what it thinks you meant, and it may appear great. Web robots may possibly not be as forgiving.
Following is a list of 8 basic components for good search engine placement that require to be considered inside your style and site promotion. For details on code issues from the worldwide authority, visit the World Wide Web Consortium to view DOCTYPE and other quality standards.
1. DOCTYPE Statement 2. Web page Title 3. Appropriate HTML Code 4. META Description 5. META Key Words 6. Initial Paragraph with the House Page 7. An Extra Page of Just LINKS 8. Backlinks (Links to your pages)
These 8 important items are either missing or poorly developed in 85% of all web sites. Some search engines might only list the other 15% in their directories. In other words, as few as 15% of the 6 billion net pages online ever make it into some search engines. Even worse, you can find errors that might result in your web page being blacklisted, and also the search engine web crawlers might never come back to see if it’s corrected. This could explain why you “never get any hits”.
Web sites could be simple and professional without utilizing fancy software to generate your pages. Veteran programmers hand code and many generate the HTML in NotePad. Net authors who choose to use flash, frames, or the latest computer software may possibly be losing a considerable portion of new site visitors (clients) because the visitor may possibly lack the technology or newest version of browsers. If they are turned off and leave without giving your website a fair viewing, it could mean lost profits.
Finally, business site visitors want info. They do not go to your home page to be entertained. Most have a need (issue) and want a fast answer (solution), so designs ought to be created to minimize the use of music or video unless that’s your core company. Anything that distracts from a positive initial impression may violate my “5 Second Rule”.
Get your FREE internet marketing training. Visit www.gbb.org/doubleyourleads to access over 50 hours of videos packed with practical strategies and tools to help you double your leads!
If you want to read more on how this program can help you, check this article out: Green Business Directory.
Article kindly provided by UberArticles.com
Topics: Management | Comments Off
MLA Style Citation:
Lewis, Charmaine M. "Green Business Directory – 8 Important Factors For Small Business Web Sites." Green Business Directory – 8 Important Factors For Small Business Web Sites. 25 Jun. 2010. uberarticles.com. 23 Aug 2015 <http://uberarticles.com/business/management/green-business-directory-8-important-factors-for-small-business-web-sites/>.
APA Style Citation:
Lewis, C (2010, June 25). Green Business Directory – 8 Important Factors For Small Business Web Sites. Retrieved August 23, 2015, from http://uberarticles.com/business/management/green-business-directory-8-important-factors-for-small-business-web-sites/
Chicago Style Citation:
Lewis, Charmaine M. "Green Business Directory – 8 Important Factors For Small Business Web Sites" uberarticles.com. http://uberarticles.com/business/management/green-business-directory-8-important-factors-for-small-business-web-sites/
Comments are closed.
Uber Articles and its partner sites cannot be held responsible for either the content nor the originality of any articles. If you believe the article has been stolen from you without your permission, please contact us and we will remove it immediately. If you have a problem with the accuracy or otherwise of the content of an article, please contact the author, not us! Also, please remember that any opinions and ideas presented in any of the articles are those of the author and cannot be taken to represent the opinions of Uber Articles. All articles are provided for informational purposes only. None of them should be relied upon for medical, psychological, financial, legal, or other professional advice. If you need professional advice, see a professional. We cannot be held responsible for any use or misuse you make of the articles, nor can we be held responsible for any claims for earnings, cures, or other results that the article might make.