If you own a company or a business, you know that you are going to spend for office supplies for you and your office workers. The frequency of spending for these supplies depends largely on what type of business you have.
Here are some ideas that can somehow help businesses lower down their expenses for supplies:
1. Order more online for less. Most companies now do their ordering of their supplies online. However, the most common mistake that they would usually do is to order just a few supplies today, and then order again in the next few days. Somehow, that’s quite an expense on the ordering company’s part especially if the stores would charge them something for shipping. If they can order ahead what they would order in the next few days or the weeks after that, then they can certainly save more and avoid having to pay multiple times for shipping. In fact, some suppliers would even waive shipping charges if companies order in large quantities.
2. Put somebody in charge of supplies. They can definitely appoint someone from each of their departments to be the key people to help gather all requests for office supplies from the team. These people in charge can serve for these duties and responsibilities to help ensure that:
* All supplies requests (3-ring binders, folders, papers, ball pens, envelopes, post-its, staplers, etc.) are meant only for use in the office. Any requests for personal use should be disapproved and reported to the management.
* Requests made should be collected on time.
* Employees are being made aware of the deadline for requisitions. If they don’t request within their deadline for creating requests, then late requests will have to wait for the next schedule of purchase.
* Maintain an inventory of supplies for transparency purposes.
In conclusion, office supplies expenses can be kept at a minimum level if proper control and inventory is done. Most suppliers really offer wholesale price for large orders. This is why it is better to purchase in bulk in order to save a lot on shipping and get discounts for doing so.
What you just heard about Office Supplies is just the beginning. To get the full story and all details, check out Linda Lebelle’s site at http://officesuppliesonsale.info to learn more about Office Supplies On Sale.
categories: office supplies
Article kindly provided by UberArticles.com
MLA Style Citation:
Lebelle, Linda "Keep Your Office Supplies Expenses Down With These Simple Tips." Keep Your Office Supplies Expenses Down With These Simple Tips. 11 Jun. 2010. uberarticles.com. 6 Feb 2016 <http://uberarticles.com/business/office-supplies-expenses-important-tips-to-help-you-save-more/>.
APA Style Citation:
Lebelle, L (2010, June 11). Keep Your Office Supplies Expenses Down With These Simple Tips. Retrieved February 6, 2016, from http://uberarticles.com/business/office-supplies-expenses-important-tips-to-help-you-save-more/
Chicago Style Citation:
Lebelle, Linda "Keep Your Office Supplies Expenses Down With These Simple Tips" uberarticles.com. http://uberarticles.com/business/office-supplies-expenses-important-tips-to-help-you-save-more/
Comments are closed.
Uber Articles and its partner sites cannot be held responsible for either the content nor the originality of any articles. If you believe the article has been stolen from you without your permission, please contact us and we will remove it immediately. If you have a problem with the accuracy or otherwise of the content of an article, please contact the author, not us! Also, please remember that any opinions and ideas presented in any of the articles are those of the author and cannot be taken to represent the opinions of Uber Articles. All articles are provided for informational purposes only. None of them should be relied upon for medical, psychological, financial, legal, or other professional advice. If you need professional advice, see a professional. We cannot be held responsible for any use or misuse you make of the articles, nor can we be held responsible for any claims for earnings, cures, or other results that the article might make.