Username:   Remember Me

Uber Articles {Über (ger) adj. above, beyond }

- Above and Beyond a Mere Article Directory


Employment Pass And S Pass Working Visas – How Foreigners Can Find Employment In Singapore

By Rochelle Blair

While being a Singaporean native brings unmatched prospects, foreign nationals can also savor selected benefits and advantages in working in the country. With Employment Pass, a work visa that is released to foreign professionals, owners and directors of Singaporean companies, and S Pass, work visa aimed at mid-level skilled foreign workers, working in Singapore has been made simpler.

The Employment Pass visa lets you work and live in Singapore, as well as travel in and out of the country freely without the need for entry visas. Having the EP visa can also be your ticket for a permanent residence visa later on.

You can ask for Employment Pass if a) you a director or owner of a Singapore company, b) you are a proprietor of a Singapore company and are hiring foreigner staff members, or c) you are employed by an employer in Singapore.

S Pass, meanwhile, is a kind of working visa that is for middle-management level foreign staff members or skilled employees who earn a minimum of SGD 1,800 a month. The number of S Pass holders a company can hire is capped at 25% of the company’s entire workforce.

Employment Pass applicants, those who are citizens of other nations but would wish to work in Singapore, should hold the correct educational requirement and income. They should have a fixed salary of at least SGD 2,500 per month, have tertiary level education from a reputable institution, and have a professional experience.

If you are keen to start a business and relocate to Singapore but don’t have the required educational background, you can apply for Entrepreneur Pass visa or the EntrePass Scheme.

The Employment Pass is usually valid up to two years and open for renewal thereafter. Depending on qualifications, EP bearers can ask for permanent residence visas from six months to two years. You can also apply for Dependent Pass for your family.

S Pass holders can only apply for Dependent Pass for their spouse and children under 21 years old if they are getting at least SGD 2,500 per month. S Pass, just like EP, is valid up to two years, depending on the discretion of authorities, and can be renewed thereafter. They are also allowed to apply for permanent residence visa, but only after four or five years.

Singapore has a competitive yet friendly working environment for natives and foreigners alike. For non-citizens who want to take advantage of the opportunities in the country, they can request for either Employment Pass or S Pass, both will be able to give you benefits due to employees and residents, as well as opportunity to get a bright future in the country.

Learn more information about S Pass and Corporate Secretarial Services today.

categories: company incorporation services,employment pass,tax advisory firms,tax advisory,small business accounting GST Singapore,GST in Singapore,services,tax advisory service,companies formation,tax advisory services,accounting services,accounting service

Article kindly provided by

Topics: Business | No Comments »

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Article Citation
MLA Style Citation:
Blair, Rochelle "Employment Pass And S Pass Working Visas – How Foreigners Can Find Employment In Singapore." Employment Pass And S Pass Working Visas – How Foreigners Can Find Employment In Singapore. 10 Jul. 2010. 20 Feb 2016 <>.

APA Style Citation:
Blair, R (2010, July 10). Employment Pass And S Pass Working Visas – How Foreigners Can Find Employment In Singapore. Retrieved February 20, 2016, from

Chicago Style Citation:
Blair, Rochelle "Employment Pass And S Pass Working Visas – How Foreigners Can Find Employment In Singapore"

Reprint Rights

Creative Commons License
This article is subject to a revocable license under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License, which means you may freely reprint it, in its entirety, provided you include the author's resource box along with LIVE VISIBLE links (without "nofollow" tags). We may revoke the license at any time with or without cause. You must also include the credit to

Comments are closed.

Uber Articles and its partner sites cannot be held responsible for either the content nor the originality of any articles. If you believe the article has been stolen from you without your permission, please contact us and we will remove it immediately. If you have a problem with the accuracy or otherwise of the content of an article, please contact the author, not us! Also, please remember that any opinions and ideas presented in any of the articles are those of the author and cannot be taken to represent the opinions of Uber Articles. All articles are provided for informational purposes only. None of them should be relied upon for medical, psychological, financial, legal, or other professional advice. If you need professional advice, see a professional. We cannot be held responsible for any use or misuse you make of the articles, nor can we be held responsible for any claims for earnings, cures, or other results that the article might make.
  • RSS Feed

    RSS for Business

  • Plugin UAW into your sites and start receiving fresh, unique and niche relevant content today and everyday!