If you are a newbie to online selling, you should be aware that it is your responsibility as the seller to make sure that the products the customers are buying from you should arrive within the specified time frame and in their best condition. There is a good chance that you will not fail their expectations if you pick the right courier and at the same time taking good care of the item for shipping by packaging them more carefully to the best of your ability. This way, you will be at peace with yourself because you took every effort to use the right packaging. Therefore, packing and shipping should be seriously thought of as important aspects in the business of selling.
Here are some practical shipping and packing tips to help you fulfill the end of your bargain as the seller:
1. Evaluate the terms for shipping. You need to be a little picky when it comes to choosing a courier to handle your shipment. Make sure that you are knowledgeable enough about how well they operate in this type of business. If you want to hire the services of a particular shipping company, check for more information about them. Read about customer feedback about their performance. Evaluate all shipping terms. It is also important to know if you can get any insurance for lost or damaged packages.
2. Declare any item to be shipped as it is. Honesty should be your rule of thumb when declaring your shipment. Some people would resort to lying about their package so that they can get away with heavier charges. By doing so, it’s hard for them to get the right amount of refund for their package should they encounter any case of mishandling, damage, or loss.
3. Use of packing materials. You can definitely make use of packing materials such as shipping labels so you can also label the items yourself. There are also different sizes of packing boxes that you can purchase so you have ready made boxes for single to bulk orders of items.
4. Re-use any packaging materials, if at all possible. Occasionally, you would also receive items that come in gift boxes or packing boxes. Feel free to re-use them for your own business.
5. Invest on packing machines. If you know that you are going to be in the business of selling goods and products for a long period of time, it might help to inquire about packing machines to help you pack your products more appropriately.
What you just heard about Packing and Shipping Supplies is just the beginning. Visit Ethan Jergens’s site at http://shippingsuppliesonsale.info/ for the best packaging materials available to you.
Article kindly provided by UberArticles.com
Topics: Business | Comments Off
Tags: Business, packaging machines, packaging materials, packing, packing and shipping, packing boxes, packing materials, packing tips, shipping and packing, shipping company, shipping labels, shipping terms
MLA Style Citation:
Jergens, Ethan "Shipping And Packing Tips To Become A Credible Online Seller." Shipping And Packing Tips To Become A Credible Online Seller. 25 Jun. 2010. uberarticles.com. 11 Oct 2014 <http://uberarticles.com/business/shipping-and-packing-tips-to-become-a-credible-online-seller/>.
APA Style Citation:
Jergens, E (2010, June 25). Shipping And Packing Tips To Become A Credible Online Seller. Retrieved October 11, 2014, from http://uberarticles.com/business/shipping-and-packing-tips-to-become-a-credible-online-seller/
Chicago Style Citation:
Jergens, Ethan "Shipping And Packing Tips To Become A Credible Online Seller" uberarticles.com. http://uberarticles.com/business/shipping-and-packing-tips-to-become-a-credible-online-seller/
Comments are closed.
Uber Articles and its partner sites cannot be held responsible for either the content nor the originality of any articles. If you believe the article has been stolen from you without your permission, please contact us and we will remove it immediately. If you have a problem with the accuracy or otherwise of the content of an article, please contact the author, not us! Also, please remember that any opinions and ideas presented in any of the articles are those of the author and cannot be taken to represent the opinions of Uber Articles. All articles are provided for informational purposes only. None of them should be relied upon for medical, psychological, financial, legal, or other professional advice. If you need professional advice, see a professional. We cannot be held responsible for any use or misuse you make of the articles, nor can we be held responsible for any claims for earnings, cures, or other results that the article might make.