By James Murray
Tracking your fleet is a vital ability and necessity for successful control of any fleet. Managing a fleet and analysis is a very complicated achievement. The fundamental object in fleet tracking is to make sure that together the cargo and fleet are secure, while the efficiency is maintained.
Utilizing the best tracking software solution will assist to augment efficiency, increase security of goods, improve traceability, lower fuel expenditure as well as improve efficiency of your fleet. The correct gps management and tracking system will assist to enhance profit margins of your business.
Fleet tracking can be achieved by two methods:
1. Cellular triangulation product which uses three signal stations to plot the position of a moving vehicle. Likened to a mobile phone chip without the call functions.
2. GPS based software – With the advantage of being a good deal more affordable than the afore method, this is the more extensively used technology.
There are 3 differing platforms of GPS Based Tracking solutions.
1. Data Loggers – Positioned on the vehicle – Data only obtainable when attached to a processor.
2. Data Pushers – Also to be found on the means of transportation the variance being that they “push” the data to a CPU by way of a wireless connection.
3. Data Pullers which are similar to a data pusher the difference being that this system pulls the data from the GPS.
Having established the fact that the GPS system is definitively the most preferred method of tracking, let’s now check the features in a GPS fleet tracking solution.
* Straightforward interface that is easy to use and train staff.
* Accurate timely tracking.
* ability to track broken rules – Change in route unplanned stops, speeding.
* The ability to validate driver time sheets.
* GPS is up to date with accurate maps.
* Alerts for scheduled movements or unplanned movements/stationary vehicle, speeding etc.
* Historical data recording and reporting.
* Reliable customer support.
* Covert installation to prevent tampering or theft
* Portable GPS Unit – To allow you to move between vehicles if necessary if wanted.
* Wireless connectivity for accurate data in real time.
* Customizable and completely integrated.
A reliable GPS Tracking Software system gives you a massive number of advantages.
* Far better response times.
* Reduction in labor costs.
* Ease of retrieval if stolen.
* Enable insurance costs to be reduced.
* Drivers will be more accountable resulting in better practices and increased efficiency.
Therefore by increasing the whole productivity and efficiency as well as driving down costs, a better profit margin can can be realized. This will assist your organization to grow and achieve more in the industry.
To See The Latest GPS Fleet Tracking and Valuable Tips to allow You To Find The Most suitable Software Solution For Your Industry Check Out: Fleet Tracking Software at http://FleetTrackingSoftware.org
categories: fleet tracking software,fleet tracking,gps tracking,gps systems,business software,tracking software,small business,business,software
Article kindly provided by UberArticles.com
Topics: GPS | Comments Off
MLA Style Citation:
Murray, James "Fleet Tracking Software – Benefits Of Effective Tracking." Fleet Tracking Software – Benefits Of Effective Tracking. 24 Jun. 2010. uberarticles.com. 20 Oct 2014 <http://uberarticles.com/computers-and-technology/gps/fleet-tracking-software-benefits-of-effective-fleet-tracking/>.
APA Style Citation:
Murray, J (2010, June 24). Fleet Tracking Software – Benefits Of Effective Tracking. Retrieved October 20, 2014, from http://uberarticles.com/computers-and-technology/gps/fleet-tracking-software-benefits-of-effective-fleet-tracking/
Chicago Style Citation:
Murray, James "Fleet Tracking Software – Benefits Of Effective Tracking" uberarticles.com. http://uberarticles.com/computers-and-technology/gps/fleet-tracking-software-benefits-of-effective-fleet-tracking/
Comments are closed.
Uber Articles and its partner sites cannot be held responsible for either the content nor the originality of any articles. If you believe the article has been stolen from you without your permission, please contact us and we will remove it immediately. If you have a problem with the accuracy or otherwise of the content of an article, please contact the author, not us! Also, please remember that any opinions and ideas presented in any of the articles are those of the author and cannot be taken to represent the opinions of Uber Articles. All articles are provided for informational purposes only. None of them should be relied upon for medical, psychological, financial, legal, or other professional advice. If you need professional advice, see a professional. We cannot be held responsible for any use or misuse you make of the articles, nor can we be held responsible for any claims for earnings, cures, or other results that the article might make.