By Louise Grant
What person couldn’t use a little advice in the dating arena? Dating can leave most people feeling insecure about some aspect of themselves. Since there is no perfect formula for finding Mr. or Ms. Right, it helps to take some advice from others who have been successful at finding love.
Not every approach works on every man or woman. It helps to think about what qualities you are looking for in mate. Here are some suggestions to help you in your quest to find that special someone.
1. Be a “glass half full” kind of person. Expect that your dating experience will be a positive one. Put your whole self into it and don’t be half-hearted about it. Your date may sense that you aren’t fully into it and not give you a second chance.
However, you probably should prepare yourself for some measure of rejection. Most people don’t find their soul mates on their first date so you should expect to go on many before finding love.
2. Do what you can to put your best foot forward. That means updating your look if you have been letting yourself slide a little. Lose weight if you feel you’ve put on some pounds, eat healthy if you haven’t been and you’ll start feeling and looking good. Go to the salon and get a new haircut to freshen your look.
3. Go shopping and buy a new outfit that flatters. You’ll feel more confident after paying some attention to your appearance. Your date won’t be able to help but notice if you are well-groomed.
4. Think about what you expect to come from dating. Are you looking for companionship, sex or a lifetime commitment? It’s important to know that before you start. Make sure your date is on the same page, too. That will avoid any confusion and hurt feelings.
5. Stay positive. Maintain friendships with those who have a positive attitude toward live and relationships. Try going to singles outings or speed dating events. Join clubs, societies, groups or anywhere you think there might be singles.
categories: dating,relationships,love,society,marriage,teens,happiness,advice,personality,self improvement,motivation,self confidence,self esteem,people
Article kindly provided by UberArticles.com
Topics: Dating | Comments Off
MLA Style Citation:
Grant, Louise "Suggestions To Guide Your Way To Discovering The Right Person For You." Suggestions To Guide Your Way To Discovering The Right Person For You. 27 Jun. 2010. uberarticles.com. 23 Aug 2014 <http://uberarticles.com/dating/suggestions-to-increase-your-chances-to-discovering-mr-or-miss-right/>.
APA Style Citation:
Grant, L (2010, June 27). Suggestions To Guide Your Way To Discovering The Right Person For You. Retrieved August 23, 2014, from http://uberarticles.com/dating/suggestions-to-increase-your-chances-to-discovering-mr-or-miss-right/
Chicago Style Citation:
Grant, Louise "Suggestions To Guide Your Way To Discovering The Right Person For You" uberarticles.com. http://uberarticles.com/dating/suggestions-to-increase-your-chances-to-discovering-mr-or-miss-right/
Comments are closed.
Uber Articles and its partner sites cannot be held responsible for either the content nor the originality of any articles. If you believe the article has been stolen from you without your permission, please contact us and we will remove it immediately. If you have a problem with the accuracy or otherwise of the content of an article, please contact the author, not us! Also, please remember that any opinions and ideas presented in any of the articles are those of the author and cannot be taken to represent the opinions of Uber Articles. All articles are provided for informational purposes only. None of them should be relied upon for medical, psychological, financial, legal, or other professional advice. If you need professional advice, see a professional. We cannot be held responsible for any use or misuse you make of the articles, nor can we be held responsible for any claims for earnings, cures, or other results that the article might make.