Username:   Remember Me

Uber Articles {Über (ger) adj. above, beyond }

- Above and Beyond a Mere Article Directory


Floods And Insurance Plan

By Lilian Redhage

Just a few inches of water from a flood in your home result in millions of dollars in harm. If you’re ever unlucky sufficient to experience a flood in your home state, town, or home, it could be a economically damaging event. In the last decade, the normal flood insurance plan claim has amounted close to $33,000. People without flood insurance plan will have to go out of pocket to pay for these costs or go without much essential repair and recovery of their homes. For this reason flood insurance plan is very important.

Flood insurance plan is designed to homeowners, condo/co-op owners, and renters of homes, apartments or condos/co-ops. Policies provide insurance plan for buildings & their contents, and are offered in many different plans with different costs and insurance plan levels. If your house is in a high-risk flood area and you received your mortgage through a federally regulated or insured lender, you are needed to get a flood insurance plan.

Most homeowners living in moderate-to-low risk areas for floods are eligible for insurance plan at a preferred rate. The minimum premiums are known as Preferred Risk Policies which package home and contents insurance plan and are available through the National Flood Insurance Program, starting only $119 annually.

This is a small price to spend if you’re confronted with a flood damage repair bill of $30,000 or higher. In case you do not be eligible for a Preferred Risk Policy, a common rate insurance plan can nevertheless be purchased. You may be thinking that just because you do not live in a high risk are, you do not need flood insurance plan, on the other hand data show that almost 25% of all NFIP flood claims happen in moderate-to-low risk areas.

If you do live in a high risk area, you still have choices. There are separate insurance plans which could cover damage to your house and for its contents. The Dwelling Form offers insurance plan for buildings with 1-4 units, including single-family condominium units and townhouses. The General Property Form provides insurance plan for other types of residential and commercial buildings. Both forms provide flood insurance plan on contents, however, you must purchase it as optional insurance plan.

Want to find out more about cheapest home insurance, then visit our site on how to choose the best buy home insurance for your needs.

Article kindly provided by

Topics: Finance | Comments Off

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Article Citation
MLA Style Citation:
Redhage, Lilian "Floods And Insurance Plan." Floods And Insurance Plan. 5 Jul. 2010. 30 Sep 2014 <>.

APA Style Citation:
Redhage, L (2010, July 5). Floods And Insurance Plan. Retrieved September 30, 2014, from

Chicago Style Citation:
Redhage, Lilian "Floods And Insurance Plan"

Reprint Rights

Creative Commons License
This article is subject to a revocable license under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License, which means you may freely reprint it, in its entirety, provided you include the author's resource box along with LIVE VISIBLE links (without "nofollow" tags). We may revoke the license at any time with or without cause. You must also include the credit to

Comments are closed.

Uber Articles and its partner sites cannot be held responsible for either the content nor the originality of any articles. If you believe the article has been stolen from you without your permission, please contact us and we will remove it immediately. If you have a problem with the accuracy or otherwise of the content of an article, please contact the author, not us! Also, please remember that any opinions and ideas presented in any of the articles are those of the author and cannot be taken to represent the opinions of Uber Articles. All articles are provided for informational purposes only. None of them should be relied upon for medical, psychological, financial, legal, or other professional advice. If you need professional advice, see a professional. We cannot be held responsible for any use or misuse you make of the articles, nor can we be held responsible for any claims for earnings, cures, or other results that the article might make.
  • RSS Feed

    RSS for Finance

  • Plugin UAW into your sites and start receiving fresh, unique and niche relevant content today and everyday!