While it’s important to have a balanced diet, the bottom line is that calories in versus calories out is what dictates how much weight you will lose.
And you will feel less hunger if the majority of your caloric deficit comes from physical activity, not dietary restriction.
So here is how to burn more calories:
1. Avoid sitting down all day: Now most people have desk jobs. Thus, the only way to avoid this is by working from the standing position. And keep in mind that working from an upright position will also work wonders for your lower back.
2. Avoid overdoing the cardio: If you do too much cardio, your resistance training will suffer. And recall that resistance training is the best way to create the biggest caloric deficit in your system. So make sure you do not do too much cardio here.
3. Optimize your protein intake: Too much protein is horrible for your progress. And too little protein is also horrible for your progress. The recommended amount here is no more than 30% of your caloric intake. At this level you will have the biggest thermogenic effect.
4. Don’t move around just for the sake of moving around: Walking up flights of stairs or parking further away from your destination will lead to mental burn out. Instead, figure out stealthy ways to increase non-exercise activity in your daily life.
5. Consider aquatic training: You see, water pulls heat away from your body two hundred times faster than air. This means that training in water burns lots of extra calories. The only catch here is that exercise in water makes you very hungry.
6. Exercise within the ten repetition range: At this repetition range you will create the biggest caloric deficit. Only use lighter weights and higher repetitions if you are a beginner. Otherwise, push yourself to the limit within said range.
Creating the majority of your caloric deficit with physical activity is the best way to lose weight. Not only will you feel less hunger, but you will increase fitness to a much higher degree!
Author Katherine Crawford, an exercise expert and former arm fat sufferer, teaches how to lose loose arm fat. Unearth how to get sexy and toned arms by exploring her blog with shake weight reviews now!
Article kindly provided by UberArticles.com
Topics: Health and Fitness | Comments Off
MLA Style Citation:
Crawford, Katherine "Strategies For Burning More Calories." Strategies For Burning More Calories. 22 Jun. 2010. uberarticles.com. 17 Jul 2014 <http://uberarticles.com/health-and-fitness/strategies-for-burning-more-calories/>.
APA Style Citation:
Crawford, K (2010, June 22). Strategies For Burning More Calories. Retrieved July 17, 2014, from http://uberarticles.com/health-and-fitness/strategies-for-burning-more-calories/
Chicago Style Citation:
Crawford, Katherine "Strategies For Burning More Calories" uberarticles.com. http://uberarticles.com/health-and-fitness/strategies-for-burning-more-calories/
Comments are closed.
Uber Articles and its partner sites cannot be held responsible for either the content nor the originality of any articles. If you believe the article has been stolen from you without your permission, please contact us and we will remove it immediately. If you have a problem with the accuracy or otherwise of the content of an article, please contact the author, not us! Also, please remember that any opinions and ideas presented in any of the articles are those of the author and cannot be taken to represent the opinions of Uber Articles. All articles are provided for informational purposes only. None of them should be relied upon for medical, psychological, financial, legal, or other professional advice. If you need professional advice, see a professional. We cannot be held responsible for any use or misuse you make of the articles, nor can we be held responsible for any claims for earnings, cures, or other results that the article might make.