Constipation remedy is an individual’s best friend particularly during a bout of constipation. Constipation remedy are varied, you have the over-the-counter medications like constipation laxatives, the natural and homemade remedies, and alternative remedies.
But do you know that consuming ample amounts of high fiber fruits is enough to be considered as constipation remedy? As constipation is due to an individual’s lack of balanced diet, like for example, lack of fiber in the diet, certain fruits contain an amazing amount of fiber that could make up for the lack of fiber in an unbalanced diet and pave the way for constipation treatment.
Be aware, however, that while these fruits are enough for some people to battle occasional constipation, there are other forms of constipation remedy for people with chronic constipation.
Tired of vegetables? Try fruits to cure constipation.
Here are some of the most widely recommended fruits you can use to alleviate your problem with constipation. It is up to you if you prefer non-organic or organic fruits. Either way, you would still get the same amount of fiber, though minus the pesticides in organic fruits. So be sure to consume the fruits you bought as soon as possible because the longer the fruit sits on your fruit basket, the more they lose their essential nutrients.
1. Apricot. Apricots are natural laxatives, fiber rich and contain the most important vitamins A and C. It’s also high in potassium content as well as many other minerals. You could choose from fresh and dried apricots, but dried apricots are usually higher in essential vitamins and minerals. But those who have ulcers must avoid dried fruits for they can trigger hyperacidity.
2. Blueberry. Blueberries are natural constipation laxatives and this fruits are known for its effect on reducing inflammations. Because it is a natural laxative and an anti-inflammatory substance at the same time, it’s good for constipation immediate relief and lowering inflammations in the intestinal tract that is due to constipation. Blueberries also contain anthocyanosides known to carry off certain viruses and bacteria.
3. Cherry. Cherries, apart from being delicious are also known as the best bets for constipation relief since they contain components that could trigger peristaltic action in the intestines. Cherries are rich in fiber, potassium, Vitamins B1 and B2, niacin and folic acid.
4. Grapes. Grapes are rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals and manganese. Grape fruits actually have a laxative effect, so eating at least 2 lbs of grapes daily will provide constipation cure for people with acute constipation.
5. Mangoes. Aside from being delicious, this mouth watering fruit is perfect for constipation remedy since it contains ample amount of fiber, essential minerals, vitamin C and other vitamins.
6. Papaya. Papayas apart from being high in beta carotene are also rich in papain and other essential mineral and vitamins. The papain enzyme provides remedy for constipation and helps in eliminating mucus in the intestines and colon. It also helps in lowering cell wastes.
7. Prunes and Plums. Plums are actually rich in minerals which are ideal for cleansing the colon and gastrointestinal tract. While prunes, on the other hand, are dried plums and have high iron content. Obviously, both have a laxative effect, but prunes are proven to have a more laxative effect than plums.
Stuart Griffin is a freelance writer. He widely writes for health and wellness. He prides himself in finding the best chronic constipation relief online. He agrees that the best constipation immediate relief are found at stayregularnow.com
Article kindly provided by UberArticles.com
Topics: Health and Fitness | Comments Off
MLA Style Citation:
Griffin, Stuart "Take High Fiber Fruits To Alleviate Occasional Bouts Of Constipation." Take High Fiber Fruits To Alleviate Occasional Bouts Of Constipation. 27 Jun. 2010. uberarticles.com. 29 Jan 2015 <http://uberarticles.com/health-and-fitness/take-high-fiber-fruits-to-alleviate-occasional-bouts-of-constipation/>.
APA Style Citation:
Griffin, S (2010, June 27). Take High Fiber Fruits To Alleviate Occasional Bouts Of Constipation. Retrieved January 29, 2015, from http://uberarticles.com/health-and-fitness/take-high-fiber-fruits-to-alleviate-occasional-bouts-of-constipation/
Chicago Style Citation:
Griffin, Stuart "Take High Fiber Fruits To Alleviate Occasional Bouts Of Constipation" uberarticles.com. http://uberarticles.com/health-and-fitness/take-high-fiber-fruits-to-alleviate-occasional-bouts-of-constipation/
Comments are closed.
Uber Articles and its partner sites cannot be held responsible for either the content nor the originality of any articles. If you believe the article has been stolen from you without your permission, please contact us and we will remove it immediately. If you have a problem with the accuracy or otherwise of the content of an article, please contact the author, not us! Also, please remember that any opinions and ideas presented in any of the articles are those of the author and cannot be taken to represent the opinions of Uber Articles. All articles are provided for informational purposes only. None of them should be relied upon for medical, psychological, financial, legal, or other professional advice. If you need professional advice, see a professional. We cannot be held responsible for any use or misuse you make of the articles, nor can we be held responsible for any claims for earnings, cures, or other results that the article might make.