Username:   Remember Me
Password:  

Uber Articles {Über (ger) adj. above, beyond }

- Above and Beyond a Mere Article Directory

 
 

The Real Reasons Behind Your Hair Loss

By Natalie Bonanski

Nearly one fourth of all men experience male pattern hair loss (MPHL) by the age of 25. This percentage increases to nearly 50% by the age of 40.

Understanding what normal hair growth and its life cycle may make it easier to spot irregularities in your own hair patterns. Nearly 100,000 strands of hair (on average) cover the scalp at one time. It’s a common misconception that activities like washing your hair too often can make a noticeable difference in hair thickness. Typically, 10 percent of the hair on your head is “resting” and slowly falling out over weeks or months while the other 90 percent is continuing to grow.

Through the aging process, individual strands of hair begin to get thinner and the pigment becomes removed from the hair, making it take on a gray tone. While this is a normal part of aging, excessive thinning takes place in those with male pattern hair loss since the roots become too thin, causing too much hair to fall out easily.

Family history is the largest contributing factor for who will develop hair loss, but here are some other frequent catalysts for hair loss.

Sudden Illness: Health problems in the body can lead to the overall weakening of hair and eventually the loss of it. This type of effect is commonly reported by people with Diabetes or Lupus.

Stress: Hair loss resulting from stress is called telogen effluvium and is one of the most common types. Stress causes more than the average 10% of hair to rest and then fall out at a time resulting in obvious patches of hair missing.

Hormonal Imbalance: When levels are not regulated normally in the body, hormones or lack of hormones can lead to hair loss. Women are commonly affected in the months after giving birth.

Medication: Often blood thinners, heart medications and many other prescribed drugs have a side effect that results in excessive hair loss.

Infections: Fungal or other scalp infections can kill off hair follicles, leading to an increase in hair loss.

This article was provided from Kwikmed.com. If you suffer from erectile dysfunction and are looking to buy viagra online check out Kwikmed.com or follow us @kwikmed.

Article kindly provided by UberArticles.com

Topics: Health and Fitness | Comments Off

Tags: , , ,


Article Citation
MLA Style Citation:
Bonanski, Natalie "The Real Reasons Behind Your Hair Loss." The Real Reasons Behind Your Hair Loss. 21 Jun. 2010. uberarticles.com. 7 Aug 2014 <http://uberarticles.com/health-and-fitness/the-real-reasons-behind-your-hair-loss/>.

APA Style Citation:
Bonanski, N (2010, June 21). The Real Reasons Behind Your Hair Loss. Retrieved August 7, 2014, from http://uberarticles.com/health-and-fitness/the-real-reasons-behind-your-hair-loss/

Chicago Style Citation:
Bonanski, Natalie "The Real Reasons Behind Your Hair Loss" uberarticles.com. http://uberarticles.com/health-and-fitness/the-real-reasons-behind-your-hair-loss/


Reprint Rights

Creative Commons License
This article is subject to a revocable license under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License, which means you may freely reprint it, in its entirety, provided you include the author's resource box along with LIVE VISIBLE links (without "nofollow" tags). We may revoke the license at any time with or without cause. You must also include the credit to UberArticles.com.

Comments are closed.

Disclaimer
Uber Articles and its partner sites cannot be held responsible for either the content nor the originality of any articles. If you believe the article has been stolen from you without your permission, please contact us and we will remove it immediately. If you have a problem with the accuracy or otherwise of the content of an article, please contact the author, not us! Also, please remember that any opinions and ideas presented in any of the articles are those of the author and cannot be taken to represent the opinions of Uber Articles. All articles are provided for informational purposes only. None of them should be relied upon for medical, psychological, financial, legal, or other professional advice. If you need professional advice, see a professional. We cannot be held responsible for any use or misuse you make of the articles, nor can we be held responsible for any claims for earnings, cures, or other results that the article might make.
  • RSS Feed

    RSS for Health and Fitness