Without a good night’s sleep it will be very hard to maximize your weight loss results. Not only does your body repair itself when you sleep, but it also secretes a lot of hormones that make weight loss much easier.
Unfortunately, many weight loss hopefuls do not know how to get quality sleep.
So here are 6 ways to sleep more to lose more weight:
1. Block all light: The last thing you want is a ray of light waking you up well before you want to get out of bed. And keep in mind that light is one of the strongest stimulants for inducing wakefulness. So board up you windows or get a sleeping mask.
2. Don’t exercise late in the day: Ignore the current advice that exercise 4 hours before bed is best, it’s not. Instead, exercise a couple hours after waking. If you do this you will fall asleep much faster and will stay asleep for much longer.
3. Decrease the size of your last meal by half: This is a very simple, yet effective strategy for helping you fall asleep quicker. You see, this trick helps your metabolism slow down which in turn helps you sleep better. After all, your body naturally shuts down it’s metabolism so that you can sleep.
4. Get lots of light during the day: Light during the day will increase you alertness by leaps and bounds. This in turn will make falling asleep much easier. You will also get deeper sleep. Now if you have an office job a great alternative is to use a light box.
5. Make your room chilly: Temperature is one of the ways that your body regulates its rhythms. In fact, when you are asleep your body temperature is lower. And a great way to enhance this effect to make your room a little colder than usual.
6. Stabilize your sleep/wake cycle: If you consistently sleep in your sleep quality will suffer. You see, your body works best with stable sleep/wake times. So even if it’s the weekend, avoid sleeping in for the best results here.
A good night’s sleep is something you deserve every day of your life. So don’t delay in taking action on this advice, act now!
Author Katherine Crawford, a fitness expert and former flabby arms sufferer, teaches how to get toned arms. Figure out how to get sexy and toned arms by exploring her blog with shake weight reviews now!
Article kindly provided by UberArticles.com
Topics: Weight | Comments Off
MLA Style Citation:
Crawford, Katherine "How To Sleep Better For Better Fat Loss." How To Sleep Better For Better Fat Loss. 2 Jul. 2010. uberarticles.com. 1 Dec 2014 <http://uberarticles.com/health-and-fitness/weight/how-to-sleep-better-for-better-fat-loss/>.
APA Style Citation:
Crawford, K (2010, July 2). How To Sleep Better For Better Fat Loss. Retrieved December 1, 2014, from http://uberarticles.com/health-and-fitness/weight/how-to-sleep-better-for-better-fat-loss/
Chicago Style Citation:
Crawford, Katherine "How To Sleep Better For Better Fat Loss" uberarticles.com. http://uberarticles.com/health-and-fitness/weight/how-to-sleep-better-for-better-fat-loss/
Comments are closed.
Uber Articles and its partner sites cannot be held responsible for either the content nor the originality of any articles. If you believe the article has been stolen from you without your permission, please contact us and we will remove it immediately. If you have a problem with the accuracy or otherwise of the content of an article, please contact the author, not us! Also, please remember that any opinions and ideas presented in any of the articles are those of the author and cannot be taken to represent the opinions of Uber Articles. All articles are provided for informational purposes only. None of them should be relied upon for medical, psychological, financial, legal, or other professional advice. If you need professional advice, see a professional. We cannot be held responsible for any use or misuse you make of the articles, nor can we be held responsible for any claims for earnings, cures, or other results that the article might make.