Face painting is a common form of application of colours, painting and drawing of pictures on human face. It is a skill in which the human face is used as an object for painting. There are many forms of body painting; one of them is face painting. Face painting is the creative appliance of colours, paints and drawings on face. Face painting artists utilize paints to decor the faces to show their desires or feelings. This is done by using the water based aesthetic paints, and it has turned out to be a very common activity for different events, celebrations and parties.
1. Give value to your paints Use different types of paints to see which one gives the most excellent effect. Try out paint in tubes and tubs. Paints can be very expensive when you are using professional face paints and for stage makeup. If you are using it for a large number of people like kids and adults, it will cost you a lot. Be protective about the paints. Do not leave them around where people can easily use them especially kids.
The choices of boys and girls starkly vary, when it comes to face painting. Girls are more inclined to like imaginative styles like cats, flowers, fairies and butterflies, while boys go for super heroes and more ferocious animals like tigers, bats and superman.
3. Be very patient Butterfly face painting requires patience. Let the colour dry first and then apply then second colour. If you hurry, the colours will mix up, and you will probably have to start it all over again. To be on the safe side, apply a thin colour first, rather than a thick layer of colours.
Face paint colours that are required to paint a butterfly are bright pink, purple, yellow; and many others for decoration purposes are pale pink, electric gold, lilac and iridescent powder purple etc.
You can highlight the centre of the wings using yellow. Now, outline the wing shapes in purple, using short strokes to create scalloped edge. For the body of the butterfly, apply dots around the centre of the nose, gradually getting smaller. You can make an antenna by extending the top dot. You can finish off this pretty butterfly by adding glitter and more detail.
6. Use glitters Apply glitters for giving a dramatic effect. But, it spreads everywhere, and it is very hard to wipe it off.
7. Organize If you have a large number of people lined up, ask the next person in line what type of design they would like to have, before you have finished the face you are painting. This process saves time. You can also give list of designs to people to choose from, which makes it easy to decide, like blue butterfly, black, yellow and other special effects.
The most important aspect in the activity of face painting is to have fun, so even if you make a mistake, laugh it off and either start all over again or work around your mistake.
9. Have tissues Always have a bundle of tissues for wiping your hands and brushes. Baby wipes can be faster and easy.
Article kindly provided by UberArticles.com
Topics: Kids | Comments Off
MLA Style Citation:
Copeland, Hollie "Butterfly Face Paint Designs." Butterfly Face Paint Designs. 22 Jun. 2010. uberarticles.com. 1 Oct 2014 <http://uberarticles.com/home-and-family/kids/butterfly-face-paint-designs/>.
APA Style Citation:
Copeland, H (2010, June 22). Butterfly Face Paint Designs. Retrieved October 1, 2014, from http://uberarticles.com/home-and-family/kids/butterfly-face-paint-designs/
Chicago Style Citation:
Copeland, Hollie "Butterfly Face Paint Designs" uberarticles.com. http://uberarticles.com/home-and-family/kids/butterfly-face-paint-designs/
Comments are closed.
Uber Articles and its partner sites cannot be held responsible for either the content nor the originality of any articles. If you believe the article has been stolen from you without your permission, please contact us and we will remove it immediately. If you have a problem with the accuracy or otherwise of the content of an article, please contact the author, not us! Also, please remember that any opinions and ideas presented in any of the articles are those of the author and cannot be taken to represent the opinions of Uber Articles. All articles are provided for informational purposes only. None of them should be relied upon for medical, psychological, financial, legal, or other professional advice. If you need professional advice, see a professional. We cannot be held responsible for any use or misuse you make of the articles, nor can we be held responsible for any claims for earnings, cures, or other results that the article might make.