By Pat Lowe
A well developed landscape can greatly improve the appearance of your home and property. But it can be hard for some people to find ways to improve the landscaping of their property. There are just too many choices, and many of them seem like they involve a great deal of effort. To give you a start, following are some easy landscape design ideas that are sure to enhance your yard beautifully. These tips aren’t difficult to implement. And they’ll keep your yard looking beautiful without too much work.
1. Start by finding out what kind of soil you have so you can select the plants that will grow best in it. Some plants thrive in soil with greater acidity, and others prefer a bit more alkali. Some soil contains a lot of sand or clay, and some is loamy. Oftentimes you can add soil amendments in order to make the conditions more favorable to the plants you want to grow.
2. You should know the amount of room each plant and bush requires in order to thrive. Some plants will need more scope for their root systems than others. If a plant doesn’t have adequate space, your other plants will be crowded out. Be sure to look at how much space is required between plants when you’re deciding on what to put in. There will have to be enough room for their leaves and branches to spread out.
3. Opt for plants that are indigenous to your area. In this way you’ll be sure that they are well suited to your regional climate and soil conditions. If you do decide on non-indigenous plants, choose ones that share a climate similar to the one in which you live.
4. Plan your landscape around the range of blooming times of various plants. Your property will only look its best for a few weeks of the year if all your plants are in full bloom at the same time. One strategy to avoid this situation is to choose vegetation that looks great as is, but also produce blossoms for a period of time. A good idea is to form groupings of plants that blossom at different times. For example, plant some early blooming crocus and tulips among plants that blossom later in the summer.
5. Surround your trees and bushes with wood chips or bark mulch to cover the soil. It not only looks appealing, it helps to retain moisture, repel weeds, and provide nutrients as it decomposes.
Every home owner would like their property to be attractive, and one of the ways to do that is to improve your landscape. For some great suggestions on lawns, gardens and even butterfly landscaping, click here to check out our landscape ideas site.
Article kindly provided by UberArticles.com
Topics: Landscaping Gardening | Comments Off
MLA Style Citation:
Lowe, Pat "Wonderful Ways To Improve Your Landscaping." Wonderful Ways To Improve Your Landscaping. 2 Jul. 2010. uberarticles.com. 10 Apr 2015 <http://uberarticles.com/home-and-family/landscaping-gardening/wonderful-ways-to-improve-your-landscaping/>.
APA Style Citation:
Lowe, P (2010, July 2). Wonderful Ways To Improve Your Landscaping. Retrieved April 10, 2015, from http://uberarticles.com/home-and-family/landscaping-gardening/wonderful-ways-to-improve-your-landscaping/
Chicago Style Citation:
Lowe, Pat "Wonderful Ways To Improve Your Landscaping" uberarticles.com. http://uberarticles.com/home-and-family/landscaping-gardening/wonderful-ways-to-improve-your-landscaping/
Comments are closed.
Uber Articles and its partner sites cannot be held responsible for either the content nor the originality of any articles. If you believe the article has been stolen from you without your permission, please contact us and we will remove it immediately. If you have a problem with the accuracy or otherwise of the content of an article, please contact the author, not us! Also, please remember that any opinions and ideas presented in any of the articles are those of the author and cannot be taken to represent the opinions of Uber Articles. All articles are provided for informational purposes only. None of them should be relied upon for medical, psychological, financial, legal, or other professional advice. If you need professional advice, see a professional. We cannot be held responsible for any use or misuse you make of the articles, nor can we be held responsible for any claims for earnings, cures, or other results that the article might make.