The rules for submitting your articles to Uber Articles are simple, but they must be followed. Before you submit your article for review, please check that it conforms to these guidelines so as to not waste our time and your time by having to reject it.
• The articles that you submit must be your own work – You may not submit articles written by other authors and the content must be unique. No rebranded articles allowed, you must be the sole copyright holder for each article you submit. Articles written by a ghost writer are perfectly acceptable as long as they are being used only by yourself. Please note that YOU are legal accountable for the articles you submit. If you steal content you open yourself up to potential lawsuits or other legal action.
• Do NOT submit articles that you bought as part of a Private Label Rights (PLR) package, or that you scraped off a public domain site, government site, or other website. As stated above, you must own the EXCLUSIVE rights to every article that you submit to us.
• Articles must be true ‘Articles’ – that is, informative pieces that:
- provide advice,
- share your expertise or opinions,
- or offer commentary, analysis or case-studies. In other words, they must be of genuine value to the reader in and of themselves.
We will reject any articles that are merely press releases, sales letters or are in any other way blatant advertisements for your product or service.
• We do NOT Accept articles on the following topics:
- Anything promoting illegal activities, such as, but not restricted to: Hacking/cracking software, copyright piracy, terrorism, racial violence and other hate crimes, illicit drug use or trade, money laundering, sex crimes.
- Anything that promotes or contains pornography or other explicit materials, or content that is degrading, insulting or offensive to any individual or group of individuals.
- Anything that is libellous, defamatory, or otherwise harms the reputation of, or infringes on the legal rights of others.
- Anything that promotes violence, including the promotion or creation of weapons (including firearms, knives, brass knuckles,etc), bombs, booby traps, or any other devices or systems designed to cause harm to other people.
- Anything that promotes the non-medicinal use of tobacco, hard liquor, prescription drugs or steroids.
- Anything written by another person for which you do not have exclusive rights – do not, for example, include the contents of emails or personal letters you have received. You may, however quote from other sources PROVIDED that you include no more that 5 lines of text AND you provide full attribution to the source.
• You MAY include images, videos or audios PROVIDED:
- Either you are the sole creator of the piece of art, and own full rights to it, or
- You have the rights, under an appropriate licence, that grants you permission to use the piece of art in that manner. In most cases this will require you to provide full attribution for the art including a live link to the source.
- NOTE: if your art includes the images or voices of third parties, you MUST be in possession of a’ model release’ by which a model or actor explicitly permits you to publish the model’s likeness or voice.
- A maximum of one image plus either one audio or one video is permitted per article.
• Articles must be spellchecked and proof read for grammatical errors prior to submitting Do not submit articles filled with spelling errors and bad grammar. If English is not your native tongue, then we suggest getting an English speaker to review your article for readability and flow. DO NOT attempt to submit some piece of junk that has been spewed out by a machine synonym spinner or mechanical translator. If you article is too poorly written, we will reject it for readability reasons.
• Please use proper capitalization of titles – ie Capitalize Each Major Word, Although it is Permissible to not Capitalize Minor Words.
• Do NOT CAPITALIZE THE WHOLE TITLE.
• Do NOT put quotes around the whole title, nor end the title with a period (full stop).
• Do NOT include excessive or repeated punctuation – eg. Don’t end with multiple exclamations!!!!
• No HTML in title. Also, do not quote your domain name or author name in the title.
• Titles SHOULD be Keyword Rich – but NOT Keyword stuffed! Good practice is to put the keywords at the beginning of the title, and then expand on that with a catchy hook to entice people to read the article, eg:
Baby Cribs – 5 Crucial Safety Factors to Check Before you Buy a Crib
• Author Names must contain 2 Names and/or initials. Eg John Smith, or J. Smith, or Smith, J, or Dr. J. Smith, but NOT just John, or J. S. Or Dr. Smith.
• You MAY use pen names for your articles PROVIDED you do not attempt to pass yourself off as someone else. E.g. we will NOT permit author names such as Bill Gates, or George Bush unless these are actually your REAL name AND it is clear to the reader that you are NOT the George Bush (ex US President) they might initially be thinking of.
• To set up new pen names, simply go to the Pen Names section in your admin panel and create a new profile. You may have as many profiles as you like, and each may have a full profile page.
• You may NOT use company names, domain names, numbers, adjectives, names of fictional characters (e.g. Micky Mouse) or anything other than a normal human name as the author.
• Article Body should be at least 300 words and no more than 3,000 words. If you have an article longer than that, break it up into smaller, separate articles.
• Do not repeat your author name or title at the top of your article.
• Only the following HTML is permitted:
<a> (see below for restrictions on links)
Make sure that you always CLOSE any tags that you open.
That means that ALL the following are NOT permitted:
<a mailto:>(you will just get spam. Instead, link to a site with a contact form).
• Only TWO links to any one domain are permitted. TinyURL’s or other link shortening methods count as wild card. Furthermore, both these links should go to different pages on that domain. Do not include duplicate links.
• Only TWO self serving links – And these should be in your last paragraph (AKA resource box), NOT in the body of your article.
• Do NOT include harmful links. Do not link to sites that have viruses, or are about any of the banned topics (see above). Do not link to direct downloads – link to a page on which the visitor can then choose whether or not to download the item.
• Links must be RELEVANT to your article. Do not write an article about pet birds and then link to your site about engine repair. Your links should be an appropriate match for the subject matter of your article.
• Article summary should be a concise summary of your article. It is permissible to include the first paragraph as the summary (this will be done automatically if you do not provide a summary), HOWEVER, no links or other contact details will be permitted in the first paragraph or the summary.
• Category and Tags must be appropriate. If you submit to a clearly inappropriate topic, or include off-topic tags, we will simply return the article to you.
• No Affiliate Links. The articles that you submit to Uber Articles should not contain affiliate links. Also, do not link to a redirect script. If you wish to promote an affiliate product, create your own website on which you promote that product. Then link to your website from your article. You can do this for free by, for example, creating a free ‘lens’ at Squidoo.com or a free blog at wordpress.com. Another way is to create a review site, such as this stop smoking review site.
• By submitting your articles to Uber Articles, you grant us the right to publish your articles – We may publish your article anywhere on our website, blog, or syndicate through RSS. We may also change where it appears, including the category, at any time.
• By submitting your articles to Uber Articles, you grant others the right to publish your articles – Other Uber Articles users have the right to publish your articles on their websites, in their newsletters or ezines, offline and anywhere else, as long as the article is left in the original state. This includes the resource box which provides you credit as the author of the content. Each article on UberArticles is published under the Creative Commons Attribution Licence.
• Submitting your articles to Uber Articles does not entitle you to financial compensation of any kind – You will not receive compensation from uberarticles.com nor the users of our directory, nor from any other site that picks up your article here and then republishes it elsewhere.
• Submitting an article does not guarantee inclusion in our directory – We reserve the right to reject any article submission for any reason.
See also the full Author Terms of Service.