By Dhara Desai
We know directories are catalogs of site links classified subject or topic wise. Why do they exist and how does listing with these directories benefit you, is what this article will help you understand.
Well directories exist because they provide the same service as a search engine but with a small difference. Directories classify the sites in categories and present it to the user, making it more easy for the user to find the most relevant sites.
Some of the directory advantages and benefits to the user and to you are:
1. Some directories provide more local and hence relevant information. For e.g. if a user is just planning a small party and is searching for caterers then, a local directory will present more relevant results to him and therefore he would search for the relevant information on a web directory than a global search engine. You need to be where your customer is. Exploit this directory advantage to reach your prospective customer. Listing with a web directory does not cost much and hence you should definitely do it.
2. Search engines normally accept almost any site or page that is submitted to them irrespective of it’s quality. All sites submitted to directories are reviewed by humans, poor sites don’t stand a good chance to get accepted and hence directories provide quality output to the user. This directory benefit works in favor of building users loyalty towards the directory. As I mentioned earlier you need to be where your prospective customer is. Take benefit of this directory advantage to promote your website.
3. Some directories provide more diversely classified list of sites for only one category. This directory advantage leads the user searching for information on various topics in the same category to prefer visiting a web directory instead of a search engine. For e.g. if you search for ‘south Indian recipes’ the search engine results will list down even those sites which probably just have a page or two giving south Indian recipes, this will lead the user to get less relevant results. Whereas if he visits a cooking directory he can see the broad categories of recipes a particular site offers and hence gets a better view to choose the right site. He can choose a site specifically dedicated for south Indian recipes. This directory advantage is true for any scenario.
4. Traffic visiting your site via a web directory benefits you more. Your visitors to sales ratio is likely to be good in comparison to the one from a search engine. This is because the visitor has already chosen your site basis the site description he read in the directory, unlike a visitor from a search engine who visits your site to check what you have to offer. For e.g. if a user searching for a Sony phone dealer has searched for ‘Sony’ in a search engine and your site appears in the result as you sell Sony music systems then he may visit your page since it appeared in the search results but he is not your target prospective customer. So in a way web directories benefit you by supplying filtered traffic to your site. So you have a visitor looking for the specific product you are offering and not a visitor who has reached your site by searching for a broader keyword.
5. The most important directory advantage or benefit of listing with several directories is ‘link building’. The more directories you are listed with the higher are your chances for a better ranking in the search engine result. Although search engine provide less quality traffic, it is still as we all know very much important because the number of users searching information via a search engine is higher than specific directories.
So now that you know the web directory advantages and benefits, you need to gather more information on which directories you should list with and how can you do that? You will actually need some in-depth knowledge about available important directories and their process for listing sites. You may really not be able to get reliable data at hand by doing some research on the topics yourself. Best way to go about listing your site with directories is contacting a website and search engine optimization company. They will ensure a hassle free process at very reasonable rates.
Article kindly provided by UberArticles.com
Topics: SEO | Comments Off
MLA Style Citation:
Desai, Dhara "The Primary Positive Aspects And Great Things About Web Directory By ExpoMarkets." The Primary Positive Aspects And Great Things About Web Directory By ExpoMarkets. 2 Jul. 2010. uberarticles.com. 16 Feb 2016 <http://uberarticles.com/web-owners/seo/the-primary-positive-aspects-and-great-things-about-web-directory-by-expomarkets/>.
APA Style Citation:
Desai, D (2010, July 2). The Primary Positive Aspects And Great Things About Web Directory By ExpoMarkets. Retrieved February 16, 2016, from http://uberarticles.com/web-owners/seo/the-primary-positive-aspects-and-great-things-about-web-directory-by-expomarkets/
Chicago Style Citation:
Desai, Dhara "The Primary Positive Aspects And Great Things About Web Directory By ExpoMarkets" uberarticles.com. http://uberarticles.com/web-owners/seo/the-primary-positive-aspects-and-great-things-about-web-directory-by-expomarkets/
Comments are closed.
Uber Articles and its partner sites cannot be held responsible for either the content nor the originality of any articles. If you believe the article has been stolen from you without your permission, please contact us and we will remove it immediately. If you have a problem with the accuracy or otherwise of the content of an article, please contact the author, not us! Also, please remember that any opinions and ideas presented in any of the articles are those of the author and cannot be taken to represent the opinions of Uber Articles. All articles are provided for informational purposes only. None of them should be relied upon for medical, psychological, financial, legal, or other professional advice. If you need professional advice, see a professional. We cannot be held responsible for any use or misuse you make of the articles, nor can we be held responsible for any claims for earnings, cures, or other results that the article might make.